In this final post for my blog I will be writing about how I
think I have improved as a student since joining college and how my soft skills
have improved since the start of the year.
One way that I have improved as a student since starting
college is my tardiness. At the start of the year I was late to my first
morning lesson as I did not get an early enough bus and this made me late to my
first lesson of the day. Since then I have started to get up earlier and then got
an earlier bus to college. Since the start of the year I have improved my
tardiness where I am no longer late when coming to college in the morning and
am on time to all of my lessons.
Another way that I have improved as a student since starting
college is that my time management skills have increased. Before starting
college I was not very good at doing different tasks at once and prioritising.
However since then I have started to prioritise the work that I do, I would do
the more important work first and as soon as possible so that means I wouldn’t
leave it to the last minute and rush the work and not complete it to my highest
standard. Also I have managed to work on numerous assignments at once and
manage to hand in these assignments in on time. This is shown where I have not
missed any of my deadlines since starting college and will continue to do this
throughout the year.
Another way that I have improved as a student is that I have
improved my self-confidence. At the start of the year I only knew one person
and would only talk to them and I would not talk much in class or participate
in discussions. Since then I have improved my self-confidence greatly where I
know can easily talk to other members of the class and have made friends with
them. Also now I am fully confident to talk during class or during a
discussion.
Similar to what I have wrote previous paragraph since
starting college I have managed to improve my team working skills. At the start
of the year I would not really talk to other people in the class as I was not
confident enough and would only say a sentence or two. Since then I have
greatly improved my team working skills as I am now confident when working in a
group in class, I feel like I can be an active member of our group when working
and can easily participate in group discussions without any hesitation.
A final way that I have improved as a student since
enrolling at college with my written skills. Since starting college I have significantly
improved my written skills. Since starting college I have started reading more
books on a regular basis, this has improved my vocabulary and I am now able to
use a wider variety of words in a piece of written work. Also since starting
college I have improved my writing skills where I have worked my grammar skills
where I would put apostrophes regularly in words that they were not needed in.
I was informed by one of teachers that I did this on a regular basis and
focused more on when I should be using them and if I am using them
appropriately.
In conclusion I feel that I have greatly improved as a
student since coming to college as I have improved myself on various soft
skills and will continue to improve them and maintain these skills that I have
learned.
You have shown good skills over the time of the first semester, you still need to improve your punctuality though, there are still issues with the starts for some of first classes.
ReplyDeleteYou have some good posts here but have not included any learning style posts so cannot achieve M3
ReplyDelete