Computer Games Development
Job: Flash Games Developer
Technical Skills I have:
·
OCR GCSE IT – Merit.
·
Able to fully operate a computer.
·
Experience with Photoshop and Corel editing
studios.
Technical Skills I need to develop:
Must be expert level in Actionscript 3.0, including
knowledge of the following: advanced bitmap data manipulation, remote asset
loading and pre-loading, Javascript communication, realistic 2d physics,
efficient collision detection and processor efficient practices (understanding
what does and doesn’t consume memory and CPU)
• Extensive experience working with Adobe Flash
• Must have the ability to efficiently manage a huge amount of flash objects at once
• Track record for developing innovative approaches to solve challenges associated with designing robust memory-efficient systems
• Must have an absolute disdain for sloppy / inefficient code
• Must understand how to develop quality user interface
• Extensive experience working with Adobe Flash
• Must have the ability to efficiently manage a huge amount of flash objects at once
• Track record for developing innovative approaches to solve challenges associated with designing robust memory-efficient systems
• Must have an absolute disdain for sloppy / inefficient code
• Must understand how to develop quality user interface
Soft Skills I already have:
·
I have a very strong work ethic, I am dedicated
and motivated to get my work done.
·
I am good at problem solving, I can identify a
problem then work to try and fix it.
·
I am an optimistic person, I have a positive
attitude towards my work.
Soft Skills I need to develop:
·
I already work well under pressure and in the
case of meeting deadlines I have already improved on meeting my deadlines, but
there is still some room for improvement when involving deadlines.
·
I need to be able to prioritize my tasks and be
able to work on different tasks at the same time.
·
Try to improve vocabulary so I can
increase my creativity and how to express it
PERSONAL
CHARACTERISTICS\SOFT SKILLS
|
||||||
True
|
False
|
|||||
1
|
If someone annoys me, I can tell them about it without
causing offence
|
X
|
||||
2
|
If someone is talking, I often interrupt them to give my
opinion
|
X
|
||||
3
|
I get really stressed if I am under pressure
|
X
|
||||
4
|
I can sometimes become very emotional and upset on other
people’s behalf
|
X
|
||||
5
|
I sometimes worry that I can’t cope and may make a mess of
something
|
X
|
||||
6
|
I am usually keen, enthusiastic and motivated to do well
|
X
|
||||
7
|
I enjoy planning and organising my work
|
X
|
||||
8
|
I find it easy to work and co-operate with other people
and take account of their opinions
|
X
|
||||
9
|
I am easily influenced by other people
|
X
|
||||
10
|
I often jump to conclusions and judge people and
situations on first impressions
|
X
|
||||
11
|
I prefer to rely on facts and experience rather than
following instincts
|
X
|
||||
Score yourself out of 5 for each area below where 0 is
awful and 5 is excellent. Ask a friend or relative to score you as well. See
if you can explain any differences.
|
||||||
Scoring yourself
|
Other person’s score for you
|
Comments\Explanation for differences
|
||||
Being punctual
|
4
|
4
|
||||
Organisational ability
|
4
|
4
|
||||
Tidiness
|
4
|
3
|
The expectation of tidiness and idea of tidiness are higher
in my parent’s opinion when compared to my own.
|
|||
Working accurately
|
4
|
4
|
||||
Finding and correcting your own mistakes
|
4
|
4
|
||||
Solving problems
|
4
|
4
|
||||
Accepting responsibility
|
4
|
4
|
||||
Working with details
|
4
|
4
|
||||
Planning how to do a job
|
4
|
4
|
||||
Using own initiative
|
5
|
4
|
Mostly used own initiate in class parents didn’t see much
of this at home.
|
|||
Thinking up new ideas
|
4
|
3
|
Thought up new ideas in class e.g. media and my parents
did not get a clear perception of this.
|
|||
Meeting deadlines
|
3
|
4
|
I have missed some deadlines but have improved in meeting
deadlines and is now more on time with my deadlines.
|
|||
Personal Development Plan
|
What skills\knowledge do I need to
develop?
|
Priority
(high, medium,
low)
|
What activities do I need to
undertake to develop my skills\knowledge?
|
What support/resources do I need?
|
Target date for achieving my
objectives
|
|
Develop
my familiarity with visual basic
|
Medium
|
Learn
how to use visual basic
|
Visual
basic and a tutorial on how to use it
|
2013
|
|
Widen my vocabulary
|
High
|
Try to widen my
vocabulary so I can improve my writing skills. To improve this I must try and
use a thesaurus to improve my vocabulary and also to continue reading more
books so I give myself a wider variety of words.
|
Books
|
2013
|
|
Develop
my familiarity with Adobe Illustrator
|
Medium
|
Learn
how to use Illustrator
|
Illustrator
software and perhaps a tutorial or guide on how to use it.
|
2013
|
|
Gain
years of experience with Illustrator
|
High
|
Work
with Illustrator for a few years
|
Illustrator
|
2015
|
|
Gain
more experience with Photoshop
|
Low
|
Use
Photoshop more to gain experience. To do this I must learn the basics of
Photoshop from someone who has experience and continue to learn more
complicated features.
|
Photoshop
|
2013
|
|
Time
management
|
Medium
|
Learn
how to manage my time better and work on multiple tasks at once
|
|
2014
|
|
Meeting
Deadlines
|
Medium
|
Manage
my time so I can meet my deadlines. Try to finish work when I get it so I don’t
get overwhelmed with work and then rush it.
|
|
2013
|
A very good first post
ReplyDelete