Wednesday, 18 December 2013

10. Second Major Review


My first target which I gave to myself was to improve my familiarity with Microsoft Visual Basic Studios 2010. I have improved my familiarity with visual basic as we have now done an assignment based on work we have done using visual basic. At first submission I achieved a pass and feel as if I have improved from when we first started using it as I have managed to gain a pass. I will improve my assignment for second submission and hope to gain the merit and improve my work for this unit.
The second target I gave myself was to widen my vocabulary. From the last major review I believe that I have managed to widen my vocabulary significantly. I have managed to achieve this my proof reading my work before uploading so I have not only checked for spelling mistakes but also any grammar errors and seen where I could improve and change words to make the sentence more understandable. Also I have been also reading on a regular basis and this has helped improve my vocabulary where I find out a range of new words and ways I can use them in a sentence.

The third target in my PLP was to gain more experience when working with Photoshop. From my last major review I believe I have gained much more experience when working with Photoshop and my ability to use all the tools in the editing software have increased greatly. I can now use Photoshop independently without any help from the teacher and is confident when doing so. For example I can now remove the background and change the colour of an image, this is a screenshot of an image I edited for my assignment in unit 30 graphics where I used Photoshop.

The fourth target for myself was to improve my time management skills. From the last review I did, I have continued to improve my time management skills as I have been able to keep up with all my work from different assignments that have been given at the same time.  I have continued to do different assignments in college and at home and keep myself up to date with all the work that I have been given from my teachers.

The fifth target that I gave to myself was to improve my ability to meet deadlines. I have stayed consistent with myself from the last major review as I have continued to meet all of the deadlines from my assignments, I have not yet missed a deadline for any of my units and have uploaded all of the assignments on time.

From the new target I set myself last time I think I have improved on this. My last target was to focus more on my work during class and not get distracted by others. In class I have managed to bring in a music player and now listen to music in class so I can focus more on my work and overall get more work done in lesson without having to complete it at home.

One new target that I am going to set myself is to improve my punctuality. To try and meet this new target of mine I am going to try and wake up earlier or get an earlier bus to college as on a few occasions it has made me late to college and have missed out on work.

No comments:

Post a Comment