Wednesday, 15 January 2014

13. Final Target Review

In my first post I set up targets for myself to help improve my college work and also from then I have set myself other targets to improve my work. One target I set myself since my first post was to improve my time management skills. To be able to do this I worked on my management skills, I worked on trying to improve my ability to do manage my time better and work on multiple tasks at once. I have improved significantly as I have managed to complete multiple assignments to given to me by teachers at one time, I have improved by being able to do a task when I first get it and set aside specific time for certain work so I don’t fall behind and can work on the more important work.

Another target I set myself from my first post was to improve my ability to meet deadlines. Since the time at which I set the target for myself I have managed to successfully meet all of my assignment deadlines given by my teachers. When completing my work I worked in a way that I tried to finish all of my work as soon as possible, this means that I wouldn’t have rushed the work when trying to complete it the day it is due in. Also When meeting my deadlines I have managed not to get overwhelmed with the amount of work I receive as I finish it as soon as possible and leave it to the last minute.

A third target I set myself on my first post was to widen my vocabulary. Since I set myself this target I have managed to widen my vocabulary by reading books more often and on a regular basis. I have since then managed to improve my writing skills as now I have widened my vocabulary and this has helped in my assignments where they are now of a better writing standard and the words used in are more varied and used correctly in a sentence.

A fourth target I set myself was to gain more experience when working with Photoshop. Prior to coming to college I had used Photoshop before but the work I produced was not of a very good standard, when starting the college I wished to gain more experience with Photoshop and improve the quality of work I create. Since setting myself the target I have greatly improved my familiarity with Photoshop as I am now very confident when using the program and can effectively use the program without any help from the teacher and have faith in myself when using it.










The image on the left is an image of rabbit I edited with help of the teacher when we first started using the software at the start of the year. The second image is an image I recently created by myself on Photoshop with some help from the teacher. These two images help show that I have improved my ability to use Photoshop and can now use it to create more intricate images.


A fifth target I set myself at the start of the year was to develop my familiarity with the program Microsoft Visual Basic 2010. When I first started the course I only had a rough idea of what visual basic was and was not very confident in being able to use it and needed the teacher’s help as I was very unfamiliar with the program. Since setting myself the target I feel as if I have become much more confident in myself when being able to use Visual basic. I now feel like I can use the program by myself with only minimum help from the teacher with what we are meant to be doing. Downloading the free version of visual basic onto my laptop helped improve my skills as I could use it in my own time and try to attempt work done in class at home by myself to improve my familiarity. 

1 comment: